Please Contact Us for questions about the acquisition, product support, or account management.here.
NEW YORK – In a recent guest column for Chain Store Age, Jon May of managed security service provider Nuspire Networks, provided six steps to help businesses boost their data security protection. With frequency jumping 62% from 2012 to 2013, there is little doubt that businesses need to stay on their toes. So what can retailers do?
1. Establish an uncompromising security approach. An aggressive, proactive security strategy is critical today.
2. Assess the threat landscape. Examine security capabilities not just at headquarters but at each store and warehouse location wherever sensitive company information is available.
3. Take an audit. Analyze your IT and POS networks across all locations. Develop policies and practices for locking down networks and master the security that’s in place.
4. Protect all avenues of attack. Limit unmonitored physical access to POS terminals. Train employees on how to spot compromised PIN pads and common scams crooks use to gain access to a POS device.
5. Consider outsourcing security. Chain stores in particular have so many security issues to monitor, analyze and navigate. A managed security service provider may be the answer.
6. Test, test, test. Employ a qualified cyber security contractor with POS system experience to try to penetrate your corporate and POS networks — more often than annually.