Senior Security Sales Engineer
About Nuspire Networks:
Nuspire is a state-of-the-science managed network security service provider with more than a decade and a half of industry experience, providing services for some of the largest and most distinctive companies in the world. Nuspire is a true managed service provider that has moved beyond simple firewall maintenance and IDS monitoring to take responsibility for customer networks, by using powerful custom-built management and monitoring tools.
The Senior Security Sales Engineer is an expert in all areas of network and cyber security, compliance and network design. The primary responsibilities of this role are to assist the sales organization in qualifying opportunities, designing solutions, and assisting with solution demonstrations and implementations.
- 8+ years of network/security administration
- Presales engineering experience
- Experience working for or with large organizations with many locations
- Experience with a wide variety of network and security solutions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Staying up-to-date and ahead of new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring market conditions within the managed security market space.
- Learning new products and technologies.
- Consulting with clients and providing expert level technical advice.
- Working with co-workers to provide education on the threats, vulnerabilities and exposure to our prospects and clients.
- Continuously evaluating, identifying and implementing opportunities to enhance the information security profile of our clients and Nuspire.
- Working directly with security tools, engineers and processes to investigate and resolve intrusion detection/prevention alerts, network traffic anomalies, and system vulnerabilities.
- Assisting in the development and creation of marketing material.
- Aid in the development of white papers, case studies, and other research documentation for publishing to news organizations, clients, and/or the company website.
- Public speaking as a subject matter expert (SME) within the managed security services industry.
- Implementation of Nuspire’s solutions within customer’s networks for purposes of demonstration or pilot programs.
- Working within the engineering and project management teams to roll out solutions across customer’s entire (often world-wide) networks.
- Proactively maintain a thorough knowledge of technologies, processes, controls, and monitoring of information technology security systems.
- Maintain and enhance expertise in security systems, hacking techniques, penetration methodologies, security risk assessments, and forensics investigations.
- Identify system configuration discrepancies and inadequacies that may compromise infrastructure security levels.
- Maintaining security related process and procedure documentation for Nuspire and templates for clients, including but not limited to security event detection, tracking, and trending, alerting and incident analysis.
- Training employees and clients to run Nuspire’s vast set of systems and tools.
- Travel is required.
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacking
- EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
- GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification
- Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crains Detroit, Golden Bridge "best and Brightest," and the Detroit News.
- Full benefits including but limited to: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401k.
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Monthly ‘Good Time’ events to build team cohesion.
Awards & Recognition
- Gartner Inc. included Nuspire in “2010 & 2011 Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, North America”
- Selected as a “Top Workplaces” winner in 2009 - 2010 – 2011, 2015
- INC Magazine “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies”
- Nuspire was highlighted as a "Michigan's key IT story” in 2009 and 2010 in its 'Upper Hand' commercials featuring Jeff Daniels.
- Crain’s Detroit Business Best as a “Coolest Places to Work” winner 2008
About Nuspire Employee Culture:
At the core of Nuspire's business model is its emphasis on the human component of business. Nuspire provides network management, monitoring, and security as a service to large organizations. Nuspire's people, expertise, and experience are critical to our success; this ideal is not only reflected in how Nuspire delivers services to its customers but also how it treats its employees. The culture is focused on building team cohesion and employee career growth through a blending of traditional programs and unique outside the box experiences.
Nuspire's continued growth for over 17 consecutive years allows employees to have constant opportunities to grow with the company. Nuspire has also signed managed services solutions contracts in South America, Europe and Asia while continuing to expand its network operations centers and data centers in North America and Michigan.
Nuspire strives to be an industry leader; the employees it hires have the drive and talent to be leaders. Nuspire's employee culture reinforces these ideals; rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment.