Security & Network Operations Analyst
About Nuspire Networks:
Nuspire is a state-of-the-science, managed network security service provider with nearly two decades of industry experience, providing network management, monitoring, and security services for some of the largest and most distinctive companies in the world.
Nuspire utilizes big data, cloud driven technologies, custom-built and integrated with unique threat intelligence, and human analytics to meet the managed security needs of enterprise organizations with geographically dispersed networks. Solutions are delivered with service level commitments for network security, performance, and compliance. Nuspire is the benchmark for managed security services and maintains unparalleled cybersecurity technologies deployed globally.
Security & Network Operations Agent
Security & Network Analysts are responsible for the identification, and remediation of security related events. While utilizing the Nuspire proprietary SIEM solution a Security Analyst will review all logs associated with a potential threat to determine the rating of the threat and the possible impact the event can have on the clients network.
- Research IPS/ IDS security events
- Perform firewall configuration changes
- Ability to analyze traffic patterns using raw log or PCAP files
- Support with escalated connectivity events
- Root cause analysis of high availability events
- Research and correlate events to determine threat scope
- Advanced support for firewall triage and debugging
- Create best path security design for SMB clients
- 2-5 years of working in a production environment
- Meet all required experience items from the Agent group
- Understanding of UTM functions such as IPS, App control, DLP, etc.
- Knowledge of VPN configurations and ability to troubleshoot failed VPN connections. Both SSL and IPSEC.
- Ability to identify the severity of a security threat while utilizing syslog reports.
- Ability to review packets with tools such as Wireshark.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues related to static routing
- Diagnose and triage issues with High availability clusters
- Full understanding of routing tables, and static routes
- Basic understanding of dynamic routing protocols, and ability to implement on a small scale network
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco CCNA
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology (or equivalent degree)
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crains Detroit, Golden Bridge "Best and Brightest," and the Detroit News.
- Full benefits including but limited to: 6 different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events.
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion.
Awards & Recognition:
- Gartner Inc. included Nuspire in “2010 & 2011 Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, North America”
- Selected as a “Top Workplaces” winner in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015
- INC Magazine “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies”
- Nuspire was highlighted as a "Michigan's key IT story” in 2009 and 2010 in its 'Upper Hand' commercials featuring Jeff Daniels.
- TMCnet.com Tech Culture Award, 2016
- Crain’s Detroit Business Best as a “Coolest Places to Work” winner 2008
- Corp! Magazine’s ‘Economic Bright Spot’ winner, 2017
- Best & Brightest Places to Work in Metro Detroit Winner 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Best & Brightest Places to Work National Winner 2011 and 2017
About Nuspire Employee Culture:
At the core of Nuspire's business model is its emphasis on the human component of business. Nuspire provides network management, monitoring, and security as a service to large organizations. Nuspire’s people, expertise, and experience are critical to our success; this ideal is not only reflected in how Nuspire delivers services to its customers but also how it treats its employees. The culture is focused on building team cohesion and employee career growth through a blending of traditional programs and unique outside the box experiences.
Nuspire's continued growth for over 19 consecutive years allows employees to have constant opportunities to grow with the company. Nuspire has also signed managed services solutions contracts in South America, Europe and Asia while continuing to expand its network operations centers and data centers in North America and Michigan.
Nuspire strives to be an industry leader; the employees it hires have the drive and talent to be leaders. Nuspire's employee culture reinforces these ideals; rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment.