At Nuspire our mission is simple – keep our customers safe from cyber-attacks with best-in-class managed security, so they can focus on managing their business. We’ve been protecting organizations from cyber-attacks for 20 years and pioneered distributed, managed security within the enterprise and franchise market.
At Nuspire we’re driven to continually deliver industry-leading innovation and security services. We operate in an unpredictable, exciting world that’s always changing. That means career opportunities within the business are always changing, too. We believe in rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment that helps you achieve your career aspirations. Our culture focuses on building team cohesion, collaboration and growth through the perfect mix of traditional programs, learning opportunities and unique out-of-the-box experiences.
To find out more, please visit www.nuspire.com.
Security & Network Operations Agent
Nuspire is seeking entry-level network security enthusiasts looking to get started in the Information Security field and grow with our organization. Agents are responsible for the intake, and diagnosis, of all network related monitoring events. These include, but are not limited to, failed ISP/ MPLS connections, down IPSEC VPN tunnels, and other general connection issues. In addition, agents will also support intake and escalation of security and operational events.
- Triage and diagnosis of connectivity notifications
- Review of existing tickets to reduce duplicate events
- Follow up contact with clients to review any change status
- Intake of new or returning calls regarding open tickets
- Support with audits or configuration changes
- Perform initial review of operational events such as high memory or CPU usage
- Review of bandwidth related issues to determine root cause
- 0-24 months working in a production IT environment
- Basic understanding of the OSI model
- Ability to perform and understand the outputs of ping and traceroute type commands
- Basic understanding of layer 2 and 3 networking protocols
- Understanding of IPv4 address and subnets
- Basic understanding of routing
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Net+
- Associates degree in Information Technology (or equivalent degree)
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH–Denver, CO
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crain’s Detroit, Golden Bridge "Best and Brightest," and the Detroit News
- Full benefits including but limited to: six different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion