QA Test Engineer
About Nuspire Networks:
Nuspire is a state-of-the-science, managed network security service provider with nearly two decades of industry experience, providing network management, monitoring, and security services for some of the largest and most distinctive companies in the world.
Nuspire utilizes big data, cloud driven technologies, custom-built and integrated with unique threat intelligence, and human analytics to meet the managed security needs of enterprise organizations with geographically dispersed networks. Solutions are delivered with service level commitments for network security, performance, and compliance. Nuspire is the benchmark for managed security services and maintains unparalleled cybersecurity technologies deployed globally.
QA Test Engineer
Nuspire is seeking a motivated QA Test Engineer performing strategic testing and reporting on proprietary software solutions. Testing is focused on ensuring that projects and products meet system quality standards by planning, designing and executing the appropriate system test cases. This includes writing test plans, scenarios and test cases, mining and manipulating test data, executing test cases, front-line triage of issues found during execution, and retesting of defects through resolution. QA Test Engineers are typically assigned to multiple projects, ranging from simple to moderate complexity, or to a single project of high complexity. QA Test Engineers are required to execute project deliverables and tasks on time and on budget to support profitable and high-quality operations service delivery.
- 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- Good understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Strong attention to detail demonstrated by ability to follow and develop specific, outlined and detailed procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English.
- Ability to work in a structured team environment on multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic with a passion for learning new technology and techniques.
- 5+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Experience and knowledge of test scripts.
- Experience with standard security related technologies (IDS/IPS, UTM, SIEM).
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in Cybersecurity
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH – Position could be remote
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crains Detroit, Golden Bridge "Best and Brightest," Corp! Magazine and The Detroit News
- Full benefits including but limited to: 6 different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment, along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly employee awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Awards & Recognition:
- Gartner Inc. included Nuspire in “2010 & 2011 Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, North America”
- Selected as a “Top Workplaces” winner in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015
- INC Magazine “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies”
- Nuspire was highlighted as a "Michigan's key IT story” in 2009 and 2010 in its 'Upper Hand' commercials featuring Jeff Daniels.
- TMCnet.com Tech Culture Award, 2016
- Crain’s Detroit Business Best as a “Coolest Places to Work” winner 2008
- Corp! Magazine’s ‘Economic Bright Spot’ winner, 2017
- Best & Brightest Places to Work in Metro Detroit Winner 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Best & Brightest Places to Work National Winner 2011, 2017 and 2018
About Nuspire Employee Culture:
Nuspire has signed managed services solutions contracts in South America, Europe and Asia while continuing to expand its network operations centers and data centers in North America. This continued growth over 20 consecutive years allows employees to have constant opportunities to expand their role and responsibilities within the organization.
At the core of Nuspire's business model is its emphasis on the human component of business. Nuspire provides network management, monitoring, and security as a service to large organizations and the people, expertise, and experience are critical to our success. This ideal is not only reflected in how Nuspire delivers services to its customers but also in how it treats its employees. The culture is focused on building team cohesion and employee career growth through a blending of traditional programs and unique outside of the box experiences.
Nuspire strives to be an industry leader; the employees it hires have the drive and talent to be leaders in their field. Nuspire's employee culture reinforces these ideals; rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment. To find out more, please visit www.nuspire.com.