At Nuspire our mission is simple – keep our customers safe from cyber-attacks with best-in-class managed security, so they can focus on managing their business. We’ve been protecting organizations from cyber-attacks for 20 years and pioneered distributed, managed security within the enterprise and franchise market.
At Nuspire we’re driven to continually deliver industry-leading innovation and security services. We operate in an unpredictable, exciting world that’s always changing. That means career opportunities within the business are always changing, too. We believe in rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment that helps you achieve your career aspirations. Our culture focuses on building team cohesion, collaboration and growth through the perfect mix of traditional programs, learning opportunities and unique out-of-the-box experiences.
To find out more, please visit www.nuspire.com.
Linux (Python) Developer
Nuspire is seeking a highly focused, motivated Linux developer to join our development team in creating and maintaining our products and services. As a development team member you will design, develop, and implement software solutions according to SDLC methodology and department standards. You will assist in designing and documenting solutions, participate in code reviews, perform unit testing, and evaluate solutions prior to release. You will also help to determine the hardware requirements for prototype systems.
- 2-5 years programming UNIX shell scripts (bash, sh, ksh, etc.)
- 5+ years programming in Python
- 2-5 years working in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of best security practices regarding the Linux OS
- Working knowledge of similarities and differences between Linux and FreeBSD
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English
- Ability to work in a structured team environment on multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with a thirst for learning new technology and techniques
- Linux/Unix administration experience is desired
- 1-3 years programming C/C++
- Experience with standard security related Linux daemons (IDS/IPS daemons, caching web proxies, AV, etc.)
- Experience interpreting vulnerability scan test results
- Experience using traffic sniffing tools (wireshark, tcpdump, etc.)
- Experience programming in PHP
- Experience in automating processes using Expect
- Experience in socket coding (TCP/UDP)
- Knowledge or experience in threaded programming methodology and practices (Preferred in Python)
- Relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, etc.)
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH – Denver, CO
- Remote work opportunities available
- Full benefits including but limited to: six different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment, along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly employee awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer