IT Helpdesk Technician
About Nuspire Networks:
Nuspire is a state-of-the-science, managed network security service provider with nearly two decades of industry experience, providing network management, monitoring, and security services for some of the largest and most distinctive companies in the world.
Nuspire utilizes big data, cloud driven technologies, custom-built and integrated with unique threat intelligence, and human analytics to meet the managed security needs of enterprise organizations with geographically dispersed networks. Solutions are delivered with service level commitments for network security, performance, and compliance. Nuspire is the benchmark for managed security services and maintains unparalleled cybersecurity technologies deployed globally.
Technical Support Desk Technician
Nuspire is seeking entry-level helpdesk technicians looking to jumpstart their career in the Information Technology field. The focus of this position would be assisting clients with hardware, software and basic network troubleshooting in a professional manner. This position would require background in customer service, adaptability, and the drive to learn more in the networking and information security space.
- Provide hardware/software support for dealership and corporate level users
- Troubleshoot using both remote desktop and over-the-phone methods
- Provision and manage accounts in systems such as Active Directory and Oracle databases
- Diagnose and triage a multitude of hardware/software-oriented issues
- Support basic troubleshooting/triage of client-specific proprietary software
- Provide an excellent customer service experience over the phone and via email
- Understanding of basic hardware/software troubleshooting procedures and concepts
- Windows XP to 10 knowledge
- Ability to articulate clearly over the phone
- Excellent judgment skills to be able to properly evaluate situations and immediately provide effective solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to pick on new technologies
- Experience providing IT-related support in person, over the phone, or via remote desktop
- Basic computer networking concepts
- Associate’s Degree in an IT related field (or close to graduation)
- 6+ months of Customer Service experience
- CompTIA A+
- Bacherlor's Degree in related IT field
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crains Detroit, Golden Bridge "Best and Brightest," and the Detroit News.
- Full benefits including but limited to: 6 different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events.
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion.
Awards & Recognition:
- Gartner Inc. included Nuspire in “2010 & 2011 Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, North America”
- Selected as a “Top Workplaces” winner in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015
- INC Magazine “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies”
- Nuspire was highlighted as a "Michigan's key IT story” in 2009 and 2010 in its 'Upper Hand' commercials featuring Jeff Daniels.
- TMCnet.com Tech Culture Award, 2016
- Crain’s Detroit Business Best as a “Coolest Places to Work” winner 2008
- Corp! Magazine’s ‘Economic Bright Spot’ winner, 2017
- Best & Brightest Places to Work in Metro Detroit Winner 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Best & Brightest Places to Work National Winner 2011 and 2017
About Nuspire Employee Culture:
At the core of Nuspire's business model is its emphasis on the human component of business. Nuspire provides network management, monitoring, and security as a service to large organizations. Nuspire's people, expertise, and experience are critical to our success; this ideal is not only reflected in how Nuspire delivers services to its customers but also how it treats its employees. The culture is focused on building team cohesion and employee career growth through a blending of traditional programs and unique outside the box experiences.
Nuspire's continued growth for over 17 consecutive years allows employees to have constant opportunities to grow with the company. Nuspire has also signed managed services solutions contracts in South America, Europe and Asia while continuing to expand its network operations centers and data centers in North America and Michigan.
Nuspire strives to be an industry leader; the employees it hires have the drive and talent to be leaders. Nuspire's employee culture reinforces these ideals; rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment.